Every day, people are arrested for various different crimes. Each arrest is a stressful and emotional situation. There are many thoughts racing through your head, which can lead to acting on impulse. Ajua Bail Bonds is here to share some tips to keep in mind if you find yourself under arrest.
Things You Should and Should Not Do if You Get Arrested
There are several ways to keep your rights intact when you find yourself arrested. Here is a list of things you should remember if you should happen to find yourself in this predicament:
1. Remain Silent. It is your right to remain silent and you should take full advantage of this. At this point in the arresting process, even if you could plead your case to the officer, it wouldn’t help your situation. You will most likely end up sharing information that will hurt your case in the end.
2. Don’t Run. In the case of an arrest, criminals don’t stand a chance at running. You will never be able to outrun numerous officers in several cars. Running will only create more charges to be placed against you.
3. Don’t Resist Arrest. You should never try to fight off a police officer. If you make any contact with them whatsoever, you will be far worse off. It can turn a minor misdemeanor into a felony, just like that. Listen to and follow the orders of the officer and you will be far better off.
4. Don’t Give Permission to Search. If you are arrested and the officer asks to search, that most likely means they don’t have a warrant to search and need your permission. Make it clear that you do not give permission to search.
5. Don’t Get Chatty. Police officers will try to get you to small talk. They might try to coerce you into a conversation that could end up hurting you in the end. Police officers are allowed to say whatever they can to get a suspect to talk. Even if what they are saying isn’t true.
6. Contact a Bail Bondsman. As soon as possible a bail bondsman should be contacted. We are able to monitor the booking process along the way. This will ensure the bail bond is posted as soon as it is allowed by the jail.
Contact a Bail Bondsman
Getting arrested can be a stressful situation. If you or someone you love finds themselves in this position, it is important to remember these tips. This will help ensure your rights are intact and you won’t further implicate yourself. It is important to contact Ajua Bail Bonds as soon as you can. You want your loved ones home as soon as possible and we can help. Make sure you have the following information ready for Ajua Bail Bonds when you make the call:
• Defendants Full Name
• Defendants Date of Birth
• Reason for the Arrest
• Location of the Arrest
• Total Amount of Bail
24/7 Bail Bonds Services in Fresno, Atwater, Merced, Selma, Visalia, Hanford and Madera and the Central Valley of California
If you or a loved one is arrested, call Ajua Bail Bonds and we’ll get you or your loved ones home to your family as soon as you can!