No one ever plans on getting arrested, but nonetheless, sometimes bad decisions are made or spending time with people of ill repute gets us, or a loved one into trouble. For those who are curious about being booked into jail, getting discharged, or perhaps even turning yourself in due to warrants, Ajua Bail Bonds would like to briefly relate how it works.
What Happens During the Jail Booking Process?
Once apprehended and escorted to jail expect the following:
1. Depending on criminal activity and how many guests are booked that day, could depend on how long the process will take. For this waiting period you are placed in the waiting room or cell.
2. Your general information is recorded. Full (legal) name, home address, date of birth and emergency contact information among others.
3. Medical history and mental stability are also asked and recorded.
4. After all of your information has been processed, you will then be issued an inmate identification number.
5. Next, you will be fingerprinted.
6. Smile; mug shot time. A profile and front picture for your mug shot will then be taken.
7. Personal property is collected and stored. You will get everything back once you are discharged.
8. Once you have been processed, you are then allowed to make your phone call to either a family member or friend, an attorney, or a bail bond company. Choosing a trusted family member or friend might be the best option cause they can take care of the attorney or bail bond on your behalf.
9. Depending on your estimated stay, you will either be permitted to stay in your street clothes, or you may be issued a jump suit or the jail uniform.
How Long Does it Take to Be Released from Jail?
Your discharge process is usually conducted as such:
1. After bail has been posted or your sentence is completed, you will prepare to check out.
2. Depending on the jail circumstances, the process takes about 30 minutes.
3. The paper work is done depending on the outcome of your bail, sentencing, or defense, but mostly you will be waiting on others.
4. Once everything is in order, you will be given your property back and permitted to leave.
How to Turn Yourself in on an Outstanding Warrant
Turning yourself in on an outstanding warrant:
1. If you know there is an outstanding warrant out for your arrest, turning yourself usually impacts your favor.
2. If you believe this applies to you, go to the jail intake center and explain you think you have a warrant.
3. They will process your information by running a record check, and if you are correct, they will then formally take you into custody.
4. You will then be processed in the above manner.
5. If you are going to the jail to serve the time you have been sentenced, make sure you arrive on the appropriate date and time. Do NOT show up late.
7. Bring your sentence order, state ID or drivers license. If you are in need of a prescription medication, bring the medication, along with the original doctor’s prescription.
8. It is better to leave all other personal items in the care of a loved one.
9. Once the sentence is served, you will go through the discharge process.
To make the whole process easier, Ajua Bail Bonds also offers warrant walk-throughs!
Professional Bail Bond Services to Get you Out of Jail Fast in the Central Valley of California; Fresno, Atwater, Merced, Selma, Visalia, Hanford and Madera
Ajua Bail Bonds hopes this better helps you understand the jail processing, discharging, and turning yourself in procedures. Remember if you or a loved one is in need of posting bail, Ajua Bail Bonds has your back, call us today to get you bail posted quickly and efficiently.